Saffron Arancini with Smoked Salmon & Black Garlic
100mg Squirrel Gully Saffron
3 large cloves of Black Garlic
200gms of Oakwood Smallgoods Co. Smoked Salmon
8 cups of Chicken stock
Small bunch of fresh thyme
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 onion , diced
2 cups of Arborio rice
1/4 of a cup of parmesan, grated
3 eggs , beaten
1 cup of Flour
2 cups of Panko crumbs
- In a large pot , heat the chicken stock with the saffron and fresh thyme.
- In a separate pot , sauté the onions in olive oil.
- Add the Arborio rice to the onions and coat in the olive oil .
- Stir in the hot chicken and saffron stock , one ladle at a time , letting the stock absorb before adding any more. Once the risotto is cooked and you have incorporated all the stock, add sea salt and parmesan to taste.
- Fold the flaked salmon and chopped black garlic through the mix.
- Cool the risotto. Make small balls. Roll the risotto balls in flour, then egg and lastly breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the Arancini for 4 mins or until golden..